The DAAD In-Country/In-Region programme aims to build strong, internationally oriented higher education systems in Sub-Saharan Africa that can contribute to long-term development. Scholarships for development-related studies are awarded to individuals who intend to pursue a career in teaching and/or research at a higher education institution in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Application deadline: December 9th, 2022
Sub-Saharan African countries are eligible.
Sub-Saharan African Countries will be Targeted
Numerous awards have been given out.
Award Value: In general:
- Monthly stipend
- Allowance for study and research
- Allowance for printing
- Tuition costs
Only available to In-Region scholarship recipients:
- Allowance for travel
- Health coverage
DAAD Award Duration: In-Country/In-Region funding is available for the normal duration of a course, which is typically up to two years for Masters degree programs and up to three years for PhD degree programs.
Eligibility for Numerous DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarships for Sub-Saharan African Students 2023:
- Graduates and postgraduates from Sub-Saharan Africa with a first academic degree if applying for a Master’s programme or a Master’s degree if applying for a doctoral programme who want to pursue Master’s or PhD courses in their home country (so-called In-Country scholarships) or in another Sub-Saharan African country are the target group for DAAD In-Country/In-Region scholarships (In-Region scholarships).
- Female applicants and candidates from underprivileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to apply.
How to Apply for Numerous DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarships for Sub-Saharan African Students 2023:
- Western African Scholarship Programs in-country and in-region
- Scholarships within a country or region Africa’s southernmost continent
- Eastern Africa Scholarship Programs in-country/regional