Over a four-year period, the Foundation awards grants of up to £200,000 to innovative project ideas and approaches that aim to strengthen civic voices’ ability to engage with governments and have the potential to improve governance and development outcomes through their active participation.
The Foundation believes in the power of stories and storytelling to affect social change and will fund innovative approaches that have the potential to influence public discourse.
Application deadline: November 1st, 2022
Commonwealth countries are eligible.
The number of awards is not specified.
Award amount: up to £200,000 spread over four years
Fields of Funding Eligibility: The Commonwealth Charter and its values and aspirations are strongly linked to the Foundation’s Strategic Plan 2021-2026, which identifies three thematic areas of focus:
- Environmental and climate change
- Expression freedom
Eligibility for 2023 Commonwealth Foundation Grants for Civil Society Activities:
The following criteria must be met in order to be eligible for a grant:
- The applicant and, if applicable, partner(s) are non-profit civil society organizations (CSOs).
- The applicant and, if applicable, partner(s) must be residents of a Commonwealth Foundation member country, and the project must take place in a Commonwealth Foundation member country. Annex 1 contains a list of countries that are eligible for this call.
- The application is for funding of up to £50,000 per year.
- The applicant is seeking funding for up to four years.
- At the time the application window is open, the applicant does not have an existing Commonwealth Foundation grant.
- The applicant’s total income over the last two years has been less than £3m on average.
- One or both of the Commonwealth Foundation’s outcomes must be addressed by the project.
- As part of the application, the applicant will submit the following documents:
- a finished logic model based on the Commonwealth Foundation template
- a copy of the registration certificate of the organization1 (the official registration document provided by the relevant authorities in the country concerned)
- a copy of the organization’s most recent audited financial statements (it must include both the accounts and the opinion of the external auditor who has certified them; it should not be older than December 2016)
- all partner organizations will receive a copy of the registration certificate
How to Apply for 2023 Commonwealth Foundation Grants for Civil Society Activities:
For More Information, Go To The Official Website