Since its inception in 2000, the Burger King Scholars program has awarded more than $44 million in scholarships to more than 39,000 students. Even better, you can begin and complete the application today.
What exactly is a Burger King Scholarship?
Any of the scholarships awarded by the Burger King Scholars program is referred to as a Burger King scholarship.
The Burger King scholarships, named after Burger King co-founder James W. McLamore, are for students who demonstrate integrity, high standards, entrepreneurial spirit, good citizenship, and a passion for their education.
You can use your Burger King scholarship money to pay for tuition, fees, and required books at accredited two- or four-year colleges/universities in the United States, Canada, or Puerto Rico.
What do Burger King Scholarships cost?
The various Burger King scholarships vary in value, ranging from $1,000 to $50,000. The majority of recipients will receive $1,000 scholarships, but the Burger King Scholars program also awards the following each year:
- Up to three $50,000 James W. McLamore WHOPPER® scholarships will be awarded to the most highly qualified students who demonstrate leadership, significant work experience, and financial need.
- Up to 12 Regional awards of $5,000 will be given to the two most qualified employees in each of six regions selected from a pool of eligible and complete applicants.
- One (1) $5,000 Steven M. Lewis Foundation award will be given to the most qualified U.S. Restaurants employee chosen from a pool of eligible and submitted applicants aligned with U.S. Restaurants.
- Up to four (4) $5,000 Bravokilo, Inc./Bravotampa, LLC awards will be given to the most qualified Bravokilo, Inc./Bravotampa, LLC employees selected from a pool of eligible and submitted applicants aligned with Bravokilo, Inc. or Bravotampa, LLC.
- One (1) $5,000 Ghai Management award will be given to the most qualified Ghai Management employee chosen from a pool of eligible and submitted applicants who are aligned with Ghai Management.
- One (1) $5,000 Carrols LLC award will be given to the most qualified Carrols LLC employee chosen from a pool of eligible and submitted applicants aligned with Carrols LLC.
Eligibility Requirements for the Burger King Scholarship
To apply via the general application track, you must first:
- Being a citizen of the United States, Canada, or Puerto Rico
- Be a graduating high school senior (in the United States and Puerto Rico), a grade 12 graduate (in Canada), or a graduate of homeschool education in the United States, Puerto Rico, or Canada.
- Have a cumulative high school grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale, or the equivalent Plan to enroll full-time, without interruption, in an accredited two- or four-year college, university, or vocational-technical school in the United States, Canada, or Puerto Rico for the entire upcoming academic year.
Burger King Scholarship Application Deadline
Okay, so you now know if you’re eligible and how to apply for a Burger King scholarship. But when should you take action to secure that scholarship money?
- Let’s take a look at the important Burger King scholarship dates, such as when the application opens, the deadline, and the decision date.
- The application period for the Burger King scholarships begins on October 15.
- The deadline for applying for Burger King scholarships is December 31.
- May: Scholarship America® will announce the Burger King scholarship winners and will request additional information.
- August: Burger King scholarship winners will receive checks in the mail. Winners must then notify their college or university of the award and promptly deliver the scholarship check to the school.
- Just one more thing!
- Although the application deadline is December 31, we recommend that you apply much earlier. Why? Because the application will no longer be available if 50,000 applications are received before December 31.
Visit the official website to apply for Scholarship